Samsung released a mini version of its Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 in April this year, a month ahead of the launch of the bigger twin. The mini version is called the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. The Galaxy Tab 2 competes with the likes of Amazon Kindle Fire, Apple‘s rumored iPad mini and Google’s Nexus 7, though it is priced more than double their rate, further firing up the tablet market.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0: Features
Like its elder sibling, the Galaxy Tab 2 comes packed with features. The interface is designed for ease of use and helping you find everything you need, right on the home screen.
1. Hubs For Different Media
- There are plenty of media services available on hubs.
- You can find your favoritevideos on Video Hub (subject to location). It is like a video store with over 1000 titles, and more being added. You dont have to wait ages for downloads to finish, as you can view the movies right away.
- Readers Hub lets you read your favorite books in e-book form, right on your screen.
- You can find your favorite tunes on Music Hub and listen to them anytime, anywhere.
- If you want to catch up with friends over a multi-player game, Gamers Hub helps you accomplish that. You can also go solo.
2. Ease Of Access
- See the pic above? Thats what I mean.
- Check out latest books, songs, videos and the weather, plus a lot of random stuff, right from the home screen. Cool, isn’t it?
- The layout also shows you the tabs to provide direct access to applications you use the most.
3. Recommended Apps
- The Galaxy Tab 2 comes with S Suggest, a feature which compiles a rotating slideshow of apps you may like, personalized on your liking and usage.
- It is directly linked to Samsung apps and Google Play and recommends the best apps that you are missing out on.
4. Allshare Play
- You can conveniently see data from a host of different networked devices, download them onto your device, or push them onto the big screen.
- It is a gateway to the web storage services where you can effortlessly upload and share your data, without any fear.
5. Easy Communication
- ChatON lets you interact with your friends in a more easier way. So go ahead and start group chats, share multimedia and more.
- Start hangouts on Google+ and engage in group video sessions.
6. Readers Hub
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0: Specifications
Since it has to take on already set contenders, the Galaxy Tab 2 comes packed with a ton of muscle-power. Google’s Android OS is the operating system.
Processor: TI OMAP 4430 chipset, 1GHz dual-core processor
Graphics Card: PowerVR SGX540
RAM: 1 GB
Memory: 8/16/32 GB internal memory, MicroSD card, supported upto 64GB.
Operating System: Android v4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Screen: 7.0″ (600×1020) PLS TFT Capacitive touchscreen. Multi-touch with TouchWiz UX UI.
Dimensions: 193.7 x 122.4 x 10.5 mm
Weight: 334 gm
Camera: Rear Camera: 3.15MP (2048×1536 pixels). Video recording at 720p@30fps. Front Camera: VGA
Data Speeds: HSDPA- 21 Mbps. HSUPA- 5.76 Mbps. Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band, DLNA supported. Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP. Infra-red port, Micro-USB v2.0. USB on-the-go support.
Battery: Standard Li-Ion 4000 mAh. Talk Time (2G)-40h. Talk Time (3G)-20h.
GPS: Supported, with A-GPS support and GLONASS.
Galaxy Tab 2 For Students?
It is being rumored that Samsung is also planning a student edition of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. A report at engadget said that the student version of the Galaxy Tab 2 would be an 8GB wi-fi only model, but will come with a keyboard dock and peripheral USB connector.
The offer will be floated in newspapers and the student edition is likely to retain at $249, which is the same price as that of the 16GB version of the Nexus 7. Samsung can sell the Galaxy Tab without any fear now, as it is “not as cool as the iPad.”
Here is a sneak peek into the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Video: Galaxy Tab 2
Here are some more pics of the Galaxy Tab 2, from the original Samsung website.